MJ & SC Collins has a core team of full time members of staff. However, as an ever expanding business - there may often be times when we are seeking skilled individuals to join the team. This is predominantly on the agricultural side of the business, but occasionally we require staff for the commercial property sector as well.
Should there not be any current vacancies, please do not hesitate to contact us and register your interest. We will always store suitable applications and in the event of a position becoming available, we will get in touch.
Contact details will either be displayed with the role advertised, otherwise please contact us through the 'Contact' section of the website.
Diverse Arable Operator
Due to family circumstances, one of our operators is moving on so we are seeking to recruit a new Arable Operator to join our team of 4. You will have a wide range of responsibilities throughout the year which will include the following;
• Fertiliser application using a Kuhn AGT 6036 boomed, pneumatic spreader with Fendt 724.
• 360 excavator operation using a JCB JS160 for a range of estate work & compost stockpiling.
• Grain carting using Fendt 724 & 18t grain trailers.
• Compost haulage & spreading.
• Secondary cultivations & relief drilling with Fendt, John Deere and Vaderstad equipment.
• Gravel cart operation.
• Relief trenching using our Mastenbroek 30/20 trencher.
• Drainage & Irrigation infrastructure maintenance.
• Equipment & Machinery maintenance.
• Slug Pelleting & Avadex spreading.
• Organisation & maintenance of PPE, wearing metal stocks and workshop facilities.
successful candidate will be resourceful and enthusiastic with a can-do
attitude who can work well both within a team and autonomously. Whilst training will be provided it is
expected that the successful candidate will have a depth of Trimble GPS
knowledge, a range of workshop experience particularly with welding and
auto-electrics as well as PA1, 2 & 4 and Rough Terrain Forklift
certificates. Experience in land drainage is not essential as full training
will be provided. However, a proven track record of machinery operation and
maintenance is essential.
In return we offer a competitive salary, bespoke training packages with annual appraisals and the opportunity to be involved with the planning and running of a diverse and busy farming operation. We are a business that encourages our staff to develop and take ownership of various projects throughout the year.
To find out more about this exciting and challenging role please visit our website and Facebook page. Alternatively, please call our Farm Manager John Haynes for an informal chat in the strictest of confidence.
To apply please send a covering letter with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the contact form below.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will start in May 2020 with a hand over period of a month with the outgoing operator.